**Description from Amazon: Dedicated to astronaut Neil Armstrong, A Kite for Moon is the perfect children’s book to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first United States moon landing.
What would it be like if the moon was your friend? Find out as you walk alongside a little boy who journeys through life to achieve his dream of becoming an astronaut. And then blast off with your little one as you zoom to the moon together!
The story begins when a little boy, who is flying his kite, notices a sad Moon. He sends up kites to her, writing notes promising he will come see her someday. This promise propels him through years of studying, learning, and training to become an astronaut. Until … he finally goes up, up, up in a big rocket ship with a fiery tail!
A Kite for Moon, written by New York Times bestselling author of How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? Jane Yolen and her daughter, Heidi Stemple, is a heartfelt story about a young boy’s fascination and unlikely friendship with the moon.
A Kite for Moon:
- Features over 20 gorgeous illustrations by award-winning artist Matt Phelan
- Contains a beautiful presentation page, making this book ideal for gift giving
- Is the perfect storybook for children ages 4 to 8
- Celebrates every child’s fascination with space
- Features a gorgeous cover that sparkles and shines with gloss and foil