**Description from Amazon: How does magic in J. K. Rowling’s universe work? Finally, the scientific secrets of the Harry Potter universe are revealed!
The insanely popular Harry Potter books and movies have brought the idea of magic and sorcery into mainstream. Modern muggle scientists have uncovered explanations to the seemingly impossible, including answers to such questions as:
- Will we ever see an invisibility cloak?
- How hazardous is a flying broomstick like the Nimbus 2000?
- How has medicine made powerful potions from peculiar plants? (Felix Felicis, anyone?)
- Can scientists ever demonstrate Wingardium Leviosa, or the flying power of a Golden Snitch?
- Is it possible to stupefy someone?
- And many more!
Often perceived as a supernatural force, magic captivates and delights its audience because of its seeming ability to defy physics and logic. But did you ever wonder if science has any explanation for these fantastic feats?
The Science of Harry Potter examines the scientific principles behind some of the spells, scenes, and games that Harry, Hermione, Ron and Dumbledore love best. Author Mark Brake, whose The Science of Star Wars was a knockout success, has found the answers to satisfy the curious spirits of muggles everywhere. Here is a perfect Harry Potter gift for anyone obsessed enough to stand in line to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child or Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Witches and wizards and even muggles everywhere will be fascinated by the merging of this improbable realm and real science!