Although Melissa Sweet didn’t grow up a reader, she has always had a love and passion for creating, which shows in the beautiful drawings, paintings and collages she has used to illustrate numerous picture books.
She also an accomplished author, and her most recent book is about the one and only E.B. White- the ma who wrote Charlotte’s Web, Stuart Little and The Trumpet of the Swan.
Melissa joins us today to talk about:
- bringing E.B. White to life through her picture book biography
- her artistic process
- and her favorite E.B. White book – it might be your favorite too, although it’s certainly a difficult choice, isn’t it?!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
A note for parents:
Please preview the middle paragraph on pg. 46 to decide how to you want to handle it in your family. In that paragraph, Sweet mentions an extramarital affair between E.B White and Katherine, who then becomes his wife. You can easily skip over those few sentences when reading aloud, if you so choose.
- Melissa Sweet recommends: E.B. White author study from Educating Alice
- The David Macaulay Live Author Event is currently for members only
- And remember, head on over to RARmembership.com and enter your email for access to the Andrew Clements author event and to sign up to receive RAR news and updates! We’ll be opening enrollment for membership very soon!