If you have a child with ADHD or dyslexia and want him/her to love reading, this episode is for you.
I’m sharing tips and tricks to help kids with ADHD enjoy reading and read-alouds in this episode of The Read-Aloud Revival.
- audiobooks: help or hindrance?
- what worked for one of Sarah’s dyslexic kids
- Sarah’s go-to resource for all things related to homeschooling a child with ADHD
Get your FREE 5 Questions Guide
Where should I send it?
Books and links mentioned in the show
- RAR #73: What Your Kids Can Do While You Read Aloud (they’ll probably listen better than ever)
- Colleen Kessler – Raising Lifelong Learners
- Everything You Need to Homeschool a Child with ADHD (Raising Lifelong Learners)
- Homeschooling, Finding Joy and ADHD (Raising Lifelong Learners Podcast)
- Parenting ADHD and Autism (Raising Lifelong Learners Podcast)
- Homeschooling with Dyslexia
The following books are irresistible page-turners, all by lovely and wonderfully talented Laura Martin. Try reading a chapter or two aloud to your child, and then setting them loose to read the rest. Most of these are best for ages 10-15ish.