Math. For a whole lot of us, that word incites dread as we think about teaching our kids. This year, our family decided to work a math tutor into the homeschooling budget.
In this video, I’ll explain:
- Why we decided to hire a math tutor
- Where we found our tutor (and some good ideas for finding one for yourself)
- What our math tutor does, and how we keep track of it all
- Some nitty gritty details- like how much tutors cost, and how often mine comes to our house
Want to see the rest of my Scopes? Head to sarahmackenzie.tv to view them all.
Links from today’s show:
- Here is the form I use to communicate with our math tutor.
- I mentioned that I’m speaking in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia next month. You can learn more about that here. I’ll be talking about getting jazzed up about homeschooling- finding your purpose, passion, and peace.
- I also mentioned that I’m keynoting at the Minnesota Catholic Home Educators Conference in June.
- You can find out more about upcoming speaking engagements (all over the country, and I’d love to meet you!)
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival