Morning Time is the very first part of our school day- in a lot of ways, it’s the bread and butter of what we’re about. In this show, I’m chatting about what morning time looks like for us right now.
This is the second in a series on How We Homeschool. I’m airing live on Periscope, and playing them back for you (complete with show notes) here.
Want to see all of my Scopes? Head to sarahmackenzie.tv to see them all.
Links from today’s show:
- How we use spiral notebooks
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus by Amy Grant
- Shepherd Me O God by Gretchen Harris
- Sermon on the Mount memory work, available at Anne Voskamp
- My Path to Heaven by Geoffrey Bliss, S.J.
- Jotham’s Journey by Arnold Ytreeide (not probably recommended for kids younger than 6)
- Bartholomew’s Passage by Arnold Ytreeide
- Tabitha’s Travels by Arnold Ytreeide
- Amon’s Adventure by Arnold Ytreeide
- The QuickStart Guide to Great Conversations with Your Kids
- Life of Our Lord for Children by Marigold Hunt
- Picture Study Portfolios from SimplyCharlotteMason.com
- Shakespeare in 3 Steps from SimplyCharlotteMason.com (recommended for Grades 6-12)
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
- Read-Aloud Revival Podcast Episode with Ken Ludwig
- Adam McKeown’s Young Reader’s Shakespeare series
- Draw Europe with Kristin J. Draeger
- ArtK12.com, Kristin’s J. Draeger’s site
- Your Morning Basket — a podcast with Pam Barnhill
- Pam’s Morning Basket Guide— an excellent resource to help you get started
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival