Books in Bloom
Discovering the plant biology in great children's literature
- Features 17 children’s books to use on garden adventures!
- Perfect for formal and informal educational settings
- Reference icons clearly identifying appropriate grade levels
- Compact lesson ideas, hands-on activities, and full lesson plans
- Related titles for alternative reading levels
- Connections to Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
Books in Bloom invites children on a special literary adventure to learn about science while also exploring the garden. Written by Valerie Bang-Jensen & Mark Lubkowitz, founders of the Teaching Gardens at St. Michael’s College, Books in Bloom includes 17 chapters each featuring a popular children's book and related garden-inspired activities to help you ‘dig’ into the story in a fun way. It is perfect for formal and informal educational settings including libraries, classrooms, after-school programs, and even home gardens.