Did you know that every book is a mystery, and all readers are detectives?
In this episode of the Read-Aloud Revival Podcast, I chat with Lawrence Goldstone, author of Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- why you become a sleuth when you pick any book of the shelf
- how ordinary parents can start parent child book clubs
- some surprising things about the relationships forged when parents and kids share books together
Links from this episode:
(Some links are affiliate links.)
- Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone
- The feature Larry wrote for the Book Reporter: TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY and Other Surprises
- The bloggers I enjoy reading who have started their own book clubs based on the Goldstones’ book: Mt. Hope Chronicles and Here in the Lovely Woods
- Larry’s website: http://lawrencegoldstone.com, Nancy’s website: http://nancygoldstone.com
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival