I’m willing to bet you’re like me, and relationships with your kids matter more to you than just about anything else.
But we’re all pulled in a million directions. We’re all short on time.
You know what, though?
I think it’s easier than we think to focus on what matters most.
Today I am sharing 3 simple ways to strengthen your relationships with your kids this year. Not one of these is complicated, cumbersome, or expensive.
Because nurturing our relationships with our kids is within reach this year, no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in.
Listen in to hear…
- 3 simple ways to focus on what matters most this year
- how to get out of your own way
- some wonderful resources that will make it easy for you to build meaningful connections with your family ⬅︎ (you want to hear about these)
Use the time stamps below to skip to any part of the podcast:
- 2:20 Kids before books
- 4:02 Use small pockets of time
- 6:45 Don’t limit yourself!
- 7:39 Share an experience– what does that even mean?
- 10:49 It’s allllll about connection
- 12:10 Snowflake Bentley
- 13:04 For Narnia and for Aslan!
- 14:14 This author is like nobody else on earth
- 15:19 All about service dogs
- 17:02 Online workshops and more
- 18:48 Don’t forget: 3 simple things (start today!)
- 19:58 Let the Kids Speak
Links from this episode:
- RARmembership.com – learn more about membership, open NOW!
I walk you through using the Snowflake Bentley Family Book Club Guide here:
A few quotes from the podcast episode:
“You will not regret a single minute you spend nurturing your relationships with your kids no matter how old they are. Whether they’re babies or toddlers, grade schoolers, or teens, every single minute you spend nurturing your relationships with your kids is time well spent.” -Sarah Mackenzie
“We want our kids to leave read-aloud time feeling seen and valued and loved. Whether we finish the story or not doesn’t matter nearly as much as connection with our kids during read-aloud time.” – Sarah Mackenzie
Want the transcript?
Download the transcript from this episode
of the Read-Aloud Revival podcast
(Download the transcript above for more quotes and pull-outs.)
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
You’ll also enjoy:
- How to create a book club culture at home
- Connection, Community and Confidence: What your homeschool needs this fall
- How to make reading aloud the best part of the day