In 2020, I’ll be speaking at all seven Great Homeschool Conventions, and I would love to meet you there.
Here’s where those are happening in 2020:
- TEXAS: Fort Worth Convention Center, March 12-14, 2020
- SOUTH CAROLINA: TD Convention Center, March 19-21, 2020
- MISSOURI: St Charles Convention Center, March 26-28, 2020
- OHIO: Duke Energy Convention Center, April 16-18, 2020
- CALIFORNIA: Ontario Convention Center, June 18-20, 2020
- FLORIDA: Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, June 25-27, 2020
- NEW YORK: Rochester Riverside Convention Center, July 30-Aug 1, 2020
The Great Homeschool Conventions feature dozens of fantastic speakers, special events, a big exhibit hall, and special tracks if you want to focus on something in particular.
Here’s where you’ll find me at the Convention:
The Real Mom Tour is a night of real encouragement (and maybe some comic relief) as we kick back and dive deep into the things you need to hear most.
Be encouraged as Pam Barnhill, Colleen Kessler, and I chat about:
- Finding contentment in the age of homeschool social media (or how to be happy staying in your lane).
- How you can fall more in love with homeschooling right now, without adding more to your to-do list or somehow becoming a supermom.
- Meeting your kids where they are and enjoying them — without sacrificing their education in the process.
Plus snacks, games (nothing weird — pinky promise!), and surprises.
This ain’t your mama’s convention event. Join us! Click here for details.
I’ll be giving three other workshops during each conference:
Raising Kids Who Love to Read
We want to raise kids who love to read, but that doesn’t always happen on its own. Think about your own school days: were the books you read for class the same books you stayed up late reading under the covers with a flashlight? After you had written the book report or essay, did you eagerly start reading the book again to lose yourself in the story?
As homeschoolers, we can do better. The good news? It’s easier than you think.
In this session, Sarah will share a handful of simple steps to change the way you engage your kids with books. If you want your kids to grow up knowing reading as one of life’s sweetest delights, this session is for you.
Teaching from Rest: Unshakable Peace for the Homeschooling Mom
Homeschooling is hard. There’s so much to do— and we want to do it all well. This is the most important job we’ll ever have, right?
God promises unshakable peace even in difficult circumstances, but how can we find that peace when we’re frantically trying to meet all the requirements of homeschooling?
In this session, Sarah shares how to focus on what matters most and teach from a state of rest. Want more peace and less worry in your homeschool days? This session is for you.
Real Mom Panel: Questions and answers about everything from troublesome toddlers to stopping math tears to how to get dinner on the table
No question is too small as Colleen Kessler, Pam Barnhill, and I gather for an encouraging (and often enlightening) panel discussion.
Grab a cuppa or your favorite cold beverage and your most pressing homeschool questions and join us as we kick back and discuss the nitty-gritty details mom-to-mom.
A huge exhibit hall will be available to explore- you can get your hands on a variety of materials by poking around in here.
There are a variety of speakers to hear from. Here are a few that might be of particular interest (see the whole list here):
I’d love to meet you at one of these fabulous events! Get all the details about the conventions right here.