We all want our kids to read over the summer, right? But how can make that summer reading both memorable and fun – a treasured childhood memory rather than another thing to do and check off our lists?
For today’s show, I talked to one of my very favorite people on the whole planet- Pam Barnhill.
We chatted up:
- ideas for how to motivate your kids to read
- how to motivate yourself to read aloud to them
- and which books are best for summertime
Just wait till you hear some of the reading party ideas!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast:
Want the transcript?
Download the transcript from this episode
of the Read-Aloud Revival podcast
Show Notes from today’s podcast:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Other links from this episode:
- The Scholastic Study that Pam references in the podcast
- Reflex Math Fluency Game
- Anne Bogel’s 2016 Summer Reading Guide
- Crystal Paine’s posts on finding pockets of time to read are here and here
- A cute YouTube video for the Ooey-Gooey Train Tracks poem Pam mentioned
- Exodus Books’ 2016 Summer Reading Program
- Carole Joy Seid’s RAR episode #22
- The Audible version of Winnie the Pooh by Peter Dennis
- The Audible version of Redwall (Sarah’s son’s favorite)