I never do this- record a podcast episode on the fly just because I’m so excited I can’t help myself. :) But today is the last day of 2014 and I want to make sure we head into 2015 and make it count by forming deep and meaningful connections with our kids.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- how you can start a reading streak in your home TODAY
- how this one step will make a difference in your family for the whole year through
- how it really can be easy (pinkie swear!) to read-aloud each day
Click the play button below:
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
I loved this memoir about a dad who read aloud to his daughter every single day until she completed high school. Need a little fire underneath you to prioritize read-alouds? This book oughtta do it! You can hear Alice Ozma talk about it on the RAR Podcast right here.
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
When Alice Ozma was in 4th grade, she and her father decided to see if he could read aloud to her for 100 consecutive nights. On the hundreth night, they shared pancakes to celebrate, but it soon became evident that neither wanted to let go of their storytelling ritual.More info →
**Description from Amazon: • More than 500 appearances on national bestseller lists• #1 Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today• Won 12 book awards• Translated into 35 languages• Voted Top 100 Business Book of All Time on GoodreadsPeople are using this simple, powerful concept to focus on what matters mos...More info →
Links from this episode:
- Episode 12: My Father and the Books We Shared with Alice Ozma
- And here’s that calendar I was talking about during the show.
- Update: The Read-Aloud Revival Facebook Community has been replaced by a buzzing forum.