I’ve got a brand new episode of the Read-Aloud Revival podcast for you, and it’s a good one.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Which 3 books I’d bring with me to a desert island 🏝 (it was torture to answer this listener question!)
- Whether or not we use reading curriculum at our house 🤓 (and what I recommend)
- The skinny on what we’re reading aloud this spring at RAR (our book choices are just 😍– scroll down to see what I mean)
Click the play button below to start listening:
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival
Use the time stamps below to skip to any part of the podcast:
|2:03||Connect with the perfect read-aloud|
|2:47||American history books|
|4:49||Sarah’s desert island books|
|7:32||Do you need a reading curriculum?|
|13:38||Reading at whim|
|19:44||What we’re reading this spring|
|22:05||Home in the Woods|
|24:31||9 Months and Heidi|
|27:02||Circle with Sarah|
|30:22||Let the kids speak|
Links from this episode:
- Free book quiz or text QUIZ to 33777
- The reading curriculum I mention in today’s show is All About Reading and Logic of English (you only need one or the other, not both)
Books from this episode:
With thousands of happy members inside RAR Premium, we’ve heard a lot of great stories about how their kids are falling in love with books, and how moms like you are falling in love with homeschooling.
This is what Kameron says, for example:
“Membership here is worth more than I pay for curriculum for a year. I promise you will not regret it.”
What do we do in RAR Premium?
In Premium, we have monthly coaching sessions to help you take small, simple, important steps toward falling more in love with your homeschool.
Over the next few months, we’ll be focusing on putting first things first. We’ll:
- discover the easiest ways to ramp up our own reading habits
- dive into why curriculum is our servant, not our master
- unpack what’s really happening when we worry (which will help us come to the end of our school year in a healthier, more abundant way)
…so if you’d like to enjoy your homeschool more and teach with peace and confidence, I think you’ll want to join us!
These live monthly coaching sessions have been called “alone worth the price of Premium” and “the best thing we’ve ever done for our homeschool…“
Family Book Clubs
Each season in RAR Premium, we read 1 novel and 3 picture books as part of our Family Book Club. We choose books with kids of all ages in mind, because we believe that families connect best when they read together. 💚
Here’s what’s up next in our Family Book Club:
Premium Members also get a Family Book Club Guide to go with each of these, and we always wrap up by live streaming the author or illustrator of that book, so your kids can ask their own questions.
There’s just nothing else like it.
And then the author of our May book, Miranda Paul, will be coming to teach our kiddos a writing workshop on how to take a fact and transform it into a fascinating bit of writing or a story.
If you want to make reading aloud the very best part of your upcoming school year, we are your people and RAR Premium is your place. Come join us!
You’ll find out why our members say things like this…
Your kids can fall in love with books, and you can fall in love with homeschooling. Join us in RAR Premium.
We’re all waiting for you!