Welcome to the first episode of the Read-Aloud Revival Podcast!
You’ll find all of the Read-Aloud Revival episodes right here.
In this very first episode of the podcast, Andrew Pudewa from the Institute for Excellence in Writing and I talk about…
- why reading aloud to kids who are old enough to read to themselves is so critically important
- how you aren’t making a mistake in reading to your struggling reader
- how to engage your kids in great conversations about books
Want the transcript?
Download the transcript from this episode
of the Read-Aloud Revival podcast
Episode 1 Show Notes:
Links to everything Andrew and I talked about during today’s show:
- One Myth, Two Truths– Andrew’s article on the importance of reading aloud
- Nurturing Competent Communicators– this talk inspired me to start the Read-Aloud Revival
- Keeping Hands Busy– a printable with ideas for how to keep hands busy during read-aloud times
- Inspiring Children– the article by Andrew Kern about “playing with the puppy”
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
If you enjoyed this episode, you’ll also enjoy…
- Episode 73: What Your Kids Can While You Read Aloud (they’ll probably listen better than ever)
- The Most Important Part of Teaching Kids to Read
- Best RAR Episodes of the First Three Years