Can reading aloud be a form of discipling our kids? Mark Hamby, founder of Lamplighter Ministries, certainly thinks so. In this episode of the podcast, I chat with Mark about what that might look like and what stories can do to nurture virtue in our homes.
He was a child who hated reading, only to become a man who owns a publishing company.
In our conversation, he told me:
- what reading comprehension really is
- what it took to take him from being a child who hated reading to a man who was transformed by books
- and why he thinks real books are better than e-books any day of the week
Ready to listen? Click the play button below and let’s get started!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Want the transcript?
Download the transcript from this episode
of the Read-Aloud Revival podcast
Some of our favorites from Lamplighter Publishing:
Books we talked about during the show:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Other links from this episode:
- Lamplighter Publishing
- Lamplighter Theater
- Lamplighter Guild
- You Are There, Bible Audio Dramas for the whole family
- Andrew Pudewa talked about reading aloud to older children in RAR Episode #1
- Sarah Clarkson at StoryFormed.com. Also listen to Sarah’s interview on RAR Episode #17
- Clay and Sally Clarkson at WholeHeart Ministries